Please consider using any other Browser or download the Alaskan Cuisine App for your smartphone or tablet for free:
Last updated: 2019-01-01
By visiting and/or using the Service on the Website, you agree and where required you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information as set out in this policy.
1. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
1.1. When you visit the Website or use the Service to make an Order from a Restaurant through the Website, you may be asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details (such as telephone and mobile numbers and e-mail address) and payment information (such as credit or debit card information). We may also collect information about your usage of the Website and Service and information about you from the materials (such as messages and reviews) you post to the Website and the e-mails or letters you send to us.
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
2.2. We may use your information to contact you for your views on the Service and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Website or the Service.
2.3. Where you have indicated accordingly, you agree that we may use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you including services that may be the subject of direct marketing and we may contact you to do so by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS etc.) as well as by e-mail.
2.4. Where you have indicated accordingly, you agree that we may also share information with third parties (including those in the food, drink, leisure, marketing and advertising sectors) to use your information in order to let you know about goods and services which may be of interest to you (by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS etc.) and/or e-mail) and to help us analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and services to you.
2.5. If you do not want us to use your data in this way or change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know by using the contact details set out in paragraph 7 below and/or amending your profile accordingly.
2.6. Please note that by submitting Reviews regarding the Website, Service and/or Restaurants, you consent to us to use such Reviews on the Website and in any marketing or advertising materials. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name and the city in which you reside (and any other information that you may from time to time consent to us disclosing).
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
3.1. The information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored on our servers which are inside the European Economic Area.
3.3. If you have consented we may allow carefully selected third parties, including marketing and advertising companies, our affiliates and associates, to contact you occasionally about services that may be of interest to you. They may contact you by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS, etc.) as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know by using the contact details set out in paragraph 7 below and/or by amending your profile accordingly.
3.4. If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
3.5. We may use the information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation; or in order to enforce the Service Terms and any other agreement; or to protect our rights or the rights of Restaurants or other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
4. SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
4.1. We take steps to protect your information from unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will keep your information for a reasonable period at our own discretion or as long as the law requires.
4.2. Where you have chosen a password, which allows you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone. Unless we negligently disclose your password to a third party, we will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions entered into using your name and password.
4.3. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
4.4. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
4.5. We use regular Malware Scanning.
4.6. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Furthermore we do not store credit card information permanently as they will be only used until your transaction is completed, cancelled or declined by you or the Restaurant.
4.7. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
4.8. Transactions processed through a payment gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
5. ACCESSING AND UPDATING
5.1. You have the right to see the information we hold about you ("Access Request") and to ask us to make any changes to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details set out in paragraph 7 below. In the event that you make an Access Request, we reserve the right to charge a fee of ten dollars ($10.00) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can request this by using our contact form, ensuring you specify your request and provide reasonable proof that your request is about you.
7.1. All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed through our contact form which will then be forwarded to the relevant department(s).
8. VOUCHER TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The following general terms and conditions (the "General Voucher Terms") will apply to all vouchers issued by Alaskan Cuisine from time to time for use on the Website, including vouchers with a credit value ("Cuisine Points") and promotional discount vouchers ("Discount Vouchers", and together with Cuisine Points, ("Vouchers").
2. Individual Vouchers will also be subject to, and the General Voucher Terms will be supplemented and/or modified by, additional terms and conditions (the "Specific Voucher Terms") that will be specified on the Voucher or at the time the Voucher is issued.
3. Vouchers may only be redeemed towards online Orders from Restaurants made through the Website.
4. Cuisine Points must be applied to a registered Alaskan Cuisine online customer account via www.alaskancuisine.us by no later than the deadline specified on the Cuisine Points Voucher and/or at the time the Cuisine Points are issued by entering the relevant voucher code ("Cuisine Points Code") and will expire if not applied by this date. If the Cuisine Points are applied before the expiry date, the customer account will be credited by the relevant amount. Unless otherwise provided or specified in the Specific Voucher Terms, any credit must be used within six (6) months of the date on which the Cuisine Points are issued. Cuisine Points are also collected through ordering Products from Restaurants menu. Restaurants do not set the point limits and Cuisine Points are not legal tender.
5. If the order value is less than the Cuisine Points value that has been credited to the customer account, no change or cash will be given. However, any balance will be left as a credit in the customer account and may be redeemed against subsequent orders.
6. If the order value is more than the Cuisine Points value that has been credited to the customer account, the remaining balance must be paid online using a debit or credit card.
7. Cuisine Points and Cuisine Points Codes are only valid for one use per person. Once the Cuisine Points Codes have been used (whether in an authorized or unauthorized manner), the Cuisine Points Code will be void. Cuisine Points recipients are responsible for ensuring that their Cuisine Point Codes are not used by someone else.
8. Discount Vouchers must be used by the deadline specified on the Discount Voucher and/or at the time the Discount Voucher is issued by entering the relevant voucher code ("Discount Voucher Code") and will expire after such date.
9. In the event of 500 redemptions made per Discount Voucher Code, the Discount Voucher Code will automatically expire regardless of the expiry date.
10. The right to use a Voucher is personal to the original recipient and may not be transferred. No Voucher may be copied, reproduced, distributed, or published directly or indirectly in any form or by any means for use by an entity other than the original recipient, or stored in a data retrieval system, without our prior written permission. In particular, Vouchers distributed or circulated without our written approval, for example on an Internet message board or on a "bargains" website, are not valid for use and may be refused or cancelled.
11. Unless otherwise provided or specified in the Specific Voucher Terms:
11.1. Vouchers may not be used in conjunction with other Vouchers or any other discounts or promotions provided or advertised from time to time;
11.2. each Voucher will be valid for use by a recipient only once;
11.3. each customer or household is limited to one Voucher per promotion or offer; and
11.4. the right to use a Voucher is personal to the original recipient and may not be transferred.
12. When you use a Voucher you warrant to us that you are the duly authorized recipient of the Voucher and that you are using it in accordance with these terms, lawfully, legally and in good faith. If we believe in our sole discretion that a Voucher is being used in breach of these terms, unlawfully, illegally or in bad faith, we may reject or cancel the Voucher.
13. Please note that because of standard banking procedures, your bank or card issuer will initially "ring-fence" the full amount of an Order (before any Voucher credit or discount is applied) in your account for between 3 to 5 working days (or longer, depending on your bank or card issuer), and this amount will therefore be unavailable in your account for that period. The credit or discount will be applied at the time your bank or card issuer transfers the funds for your order to us, at which point the credit or discounted amount will not be transferred to us and will instead be released by your bank or card issuer back into your available balance.
14. Vouchers may not be exchanged for cash.
15. We shall not be liable to any customer or household for any loss or claim arising out of the refusal, rejection, cancellation or withdrawal of any Voucher or any failure or inability of a customer or household to use a Voucher for any reason.
16. We reserve the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to add to or amend these terms and conditions in relation to the use of Vouchers or to vary or terminate the operation of a Voucher at any time without notice.
17. All standard terms and conditions from time to time for use of the Website and the Service apply.
9. COMPETITIONS TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The following general terms and conditions (the "General Competition Terms") will apply to all competitions run by Alaskan Cuisine.
2. Individual competitions will also be subject to, and the General Competition Terms will be supplemented and/or modified by, additional terms and conditions (the "Specific Competition Terms") that will be specified in connection with each competition.
3. Competitions are open to individual residents of the United States aged 21 or over, except employees of Alaskan Cuisine, their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with the competition.
4. Winners will be responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the relevant prize, as set out and in accordance with these General Competition Terms and any applicable Specific Competition Terms.
5. We reserve the right to redraw a competition winner if the relevant prize is not accepted or claimed within the time period stated in the applicable Specific Competition Terms.
6. Completing and submitting a competition entry form will be deemed acceptance of the General Competition Terms and any applicable Specific Competition Terms.
7. The General Competition Terms and any applicable Specific Competition Terms shall be governed by the laws of Alaska, USA.
9. We reserve the right to withdraw any competition at any time without prior written notice and/or to alter or amend the General Competition Terms or the Specific Competition Terms for any competition at any time.
10. Our decision is final and binding in all matters relating to any competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. All standard terms and conditions from time to time for use of the Website and Service apply.
Do we disclose the information we collect to Third-Parties?
If necessary to complete an order or payment, we transfer to outside parties your name, address, city, town, any form or online contact identifier e-mail, name of chat account etc., screen name or user names, phone number, cookie number, ip address device serial #, unique device identifier, photo, video or audio file of personally identifiable information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Do we use "cookies"?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking? It's also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial e-mail, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have e-mails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, you can e-mail us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Caribou360 LLC, d/b/a Alaskan Cuisine
125 N Willow St. STE B
Kenai, Alaska 99611
Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure.
Please do not include credit card information and/or other sensitive Personal Information in your e-mail correspondence with us.